Serial Number Restoration Fluid Kit and Chemicals
Serial number restoration by the etching method is commonly used to recover serial numbers or other obliterated identifying markings on objects such as weapons, tools, cameras, electronic equipment, machinery, or automotive engine blocks or frames. When a serial number is stamped into a metal surface, the underlying metal grains are compressed and deformed deeper than the impressed number or mark. This difference in the metal crystal grains causes them to react differently to chemical etching and, in many cases, can allow them to be recovered.
We offer a series of highly effective serial number restoration fluids that have been formulated to provide increased control over the etching process and are easily diluted for use on delicate objects.
The Serial Number Restoration Fluid Kit is designed to provide the proper materials to assist investigators in recovering serial numbers or obliterated markings.
Click for more details
It contains 2 ounce bottles of restoration fluids for use on mild steel, brass/copper, HSS/nickel steel, aluminum, cast iron, and plastics, as well as other necessary components. The kit is packaged in a durable, lightweight plastic case with foam for easy and safe transport from one crime scene to another. All of the Serial Restoration Fluids are also available to reorder individually as needed.SERIAL NUMBER RESTORATION FLUID KIT COMPONENTS:
• Plastic Kit Box, 13.5"L x 10" W x 4.5" H with Foam Insert
• Serial Number Restoration Fluid - Mild Steel - 2 oz
• Serial Number Restoration Fluid - Brass/Copper - 2 oz
• Serial Number Restoration Fluid - HSS/Nickel Steel - 2 oz
• Serial Number Restoration Fluid - Aluminum - 2 oz
• Serial Number Restoration Fluid - Plastics - 2 oz
• Serial Number Restoration Fluid - Cast Iron - 2 oz
• Serial Number Restoration Cleaning Solution - 2 oz
• Protective Oil - Dropper Bottle
• Acid Neutralizer Powder
• Safety Glasses
• Nitrile Barrier Gloves
• Box of Silicon Carbide Polishing Paper
• Disposable Pipettes
• Container of 3” Cotton-Tipped Swabs
• Container of Clay for Dam
• 6” Fine File
• Kit Instructions Affixed to Inside of the Box